Monday, November 3, 2008

The Portland Japanese Garden

I haven't traveled to all parts of the world but I've been in some very beautiful places and right up there in the upper pantheon of beautiful places is the Portland Japanese Garden. I usually insist on taking my house guests there at least once a visit. We haven't been there for Fall foliage this year but here's some photos from last when it was seriously colorful for quite a while.




The Oregonian reports that the Portland Japanese Garden is looking to expand. It's so popular now that at times it's hard to find the quiet meditative quality that the garden strives for. So hopefully after some fundraising efforts (good luck!), the garden will move its gift-shops to its lower level and provide a good tea-sipping spot as well.

I didn't know classes are taught there on maple-tree pruning and how to make a bamboo fence. I'd love to make a bamboo fence--sign me up (if the class is not already full).

More beautiful photos from the Japanese Garden Web site.

No comments: