Friday, December 12, 2008

Nutcracker Mouse Decor

One of the fabulous trees we saw at Vancouver, WA's Festival of Trees, held by the Vancouver Rotary Foundation at the end of November. This Fest. has everything you need for Christmas fun: Photos with Santa, a Festival of Gifts with local stores represented, a community tree lighting in Esther Short Park, a carnival, gingerbread dioramas (favorite: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chocolate-river scene, made entirely out of gingerbread and candy), schoo choral groups from around Clark County, dozens of beautifully decorated trees, and a talking tree that chuckles when children tickle its branches.

I know I sound like a booster, but I brought my parents and my six-year-old to this event and everyone was pleased, even Santa when he watched my son whip out a catalog to show what he wanted this year (very efficient kid). Here's the Nutcracker Ballet tree. I usually don't go for white trees, but this one was pretty nice and it's the only photo that didn't turn out blurry because excited six-year-olds at Christmas Festivals tend to take blurry photos. Usually the blurry photos are my fault.

No comments: