Thursday, March 3, 2011

Castle Rock Park in Technicolor

I know it looks like an episode of "The Simpsons" but the colors were truly this intense today. I finally got outside after a round-robin of cold viruses for the past five weeks. And what a day. Two coyotes met me on my path and stared me down for a bit before heading toward Borges Ranch. Making the loop, I guess. Anyway, they were not afraid of me, that's for sure but they wouldn't stand still long enough for a photo. I think I saw an eagle flying away from me from a nearby tree. It was either that or the biggest hawk imaginable.


Note the difference in landscape. This is private land where cattle have been grazing for decades, decimating the native tree-sapling population, leaving nearly barren hills with a few lone oaks standing.
While right across the trail, the city park side is in its natural state and full of trees.
Looking through a wind tunnel.

No comments: